Happy Easter everyone!
Here are some fun Easter facts we thought were cool!!
1. Eggs have been seen as ancient symbol of fertility, while springtime is considered to bring new life and rebirth.
Americans spend $1.9 billion on Easter candy. That’s the second biggest candy holiday after Halloween.
2. 70% of Easter candy purchased is chocolate.
3. 76% of Americans think the ears of a chocolate bunny should be the first to be eaten.
4. Egg dyes were once made out of natural items such as onion peels, tree bark, flower petals, and juices.
5. The tallest chocolate Easter egg ever was made in Italy in 2011. At 10.39 metres in height and 7,200 kg in weight, it was taller than a giraffe and heavier than an elephant!
6. The white lily is the official flower of Easter. As they represent grace and purity, many churches and homes have chosen to decorate with the white lily for the holiday. In fact, they’re commonly known best as “Easter lilies.”
7. Americans buy more than 700 million Peeps during the holiday.
8. Americans consume over 16 million jellybeans on Easter, enough to circle the globe three times over.
9. The Easter egg is said to symbolize and represent joy, celebration and new life.
10. The first Easter baskets looked like bird’s nests.
We hope you had a wonderful day!!